Spell Checker
Eug. C.
2006-11-10 16:21:22 UTC
Looking for native VCL spell checker that works with TRichedit control. Any
recommendations?
Thanks
Brian Hollister
2006-11-10 16:30:23 UTC
Addict

I think the link is www.addictsoftware.com

hth,
--
Got a big event coming up? Let us
help coordinate your event. For more
Thanks
Liz
2006-11-10 15:51:44 UTC
Post by Brian Hollister
I think the link is www.addictsoftware.com
Addict seems quite good.
--
Liz the Brit
Delphi things I have released: http://www.xcalibur.co.uk/DelphiThings
Ed Dressel
2006-11-10 17:18:41 UTC
excellent product
Rich Ackerson
2006-11-10 16:46:31 UTC
Post by Eug. C.
Looking for native VCL spell checker that works with TRichedit
control. Any recommendations?
Thanks
Highly recommend Addict.

The correct address is http://www.addictivesoftware.com.
--
Regards,

Rich Ackerson
Eduardo A. Salgado
2006-11-10 19:45:40 UTC
Consider EDSSpell. http://www.onedomain.com/Components/EDSSpell/

EDSSpell is a native Delphi & C++Builder VCL component and requires no
additional DLLs. There are no run-time royalties for distributing
applications with EDSSpell.

EDSSpell v7.0 (Supports all Delphi Win32 versions through Delphi 2006
and beyond!)

- Eduardo
You can give some people a bag full of rubies, gold,
and silver, and they'll still complain that the bag
isn't recyclable.
-- Nick Hodges

Eminent Domain Software
"Custom Software Development For Your Domain"

Makers of EDSSpell, EDSPrint, EDSZipCodes and
XSpell, the IDE Expert.
recommendations?
Ron C.
2006-11-12 04:03:24 UTC
Post by Eduardo A. Salgado
Consider EDSSpell. http://www.onedomain.com/Components/EDSSpell/
Is EDSSpell available with source code ?
Is there a trial version, or a demo app for TXTextControl ?

thanks
Ron
Eduardo A. Salgado
2006-11-13 14:07:21 UTC
EDSSpell is sold with source code.

Since we have made EDSSpell simple to add with just one line of code,
SpellDlg1.SpellCheck (Memo1);
and the component behaves the same way in all Delphi and C++Builder
versions, the old demos have not been updated. But you can find them
at the bottom of the page for all apps and for Julian Ziersch's WPTools.
(http://www.onedomain.com/Components/EDSSpell/).

We do not have a demo for TXTextControl.

Ron C.
2006-11-13 22:02:59 UTC
So there is no trial component ?

I played around to get the demo apps going.
The wptools example has live spell.

Is this supported for TXtext control ?
What version of TXtextcontrol have you tried it with ?

thanks
Ron
Eduardo A. Salgado
2006-11-13 23:10:00 UTC
It has been quite a while as TXTextControl developed their own spell
checker.

WPTools is an excellent solution and it is the one we would recommend.
In fact, you may want to contact Julian directly as he also offers a
spell checker customized to his needs.

Ron C.
2006-11-14 00:48:42 UTC
I have a WPtools license, however it's flavour of "rtf" is not compatible
with Microsoft's.
TXtextcontrol is, and also good for .doc files.

TXtextcontrol recommend ComponetOne activeX spell checker.

without a trial version of your spell checker, it's pretty hard to evaluate.
thanks anyway

Ron
Glenn Crouch
2006-11-13 14:57:37 UTC
Post by Eug. C.
Looking for native VCL spell checker that works with TRichedit
control. Any
Post by Eug. C.
recommendations?
Happy to help with any questions you may have about Addict Spell Check
and Thesaurus :)

Glenn Crouch mailto:***@addictivesoftware.com
Addictive Software Support
http://www.addictivesoftware.com
Sarah
2006-11-16 22:56:54 UTC
Post by Glenn Crouch
Happy to help with any questions you may have about Addict Spell Check
and Thesaurus :)
Is there a way to suppress the below confirmation dialog?
It's a pain when checking multiple controls in a loop.

---------------------------
Spelling
---------------------------
The spelling check is complete.
---------------------------
OK
---------------------------

Thanks,
Sarah
Sarah
2006-11-16 23:25:20 UTC
Post by Sarah
It's a pain when checking multiple controls in a loop.
Never mind, I have discovered the
AddictSpell.StartSequenceCheck;
and the
AddictSpell.StopSequenceCheck;
calls for using on multiple controls in a loop!

Thanks,
Sarah
Glenn Crouch
2006-11-16 23:25:20 UTC
Sarah,
Post by Sarah
Is there a way to suppress the below confirmation dialog?
It's a pain when checking multiple controls in a loop.
Yes - you can use the StartSequenceCheck / StopSequenceCheck Methods.

This is also demonstrated in the Addict Demo - on the 'Other Features'
Page and the 'Sequence Check' sub-page :)

You can also change the EndMessage Property if you wish, but I think the
effect you are after is the above one...